- To build a system specification document and a system architecture design document based on the user needs.
- To test selected system components in-house with simulated high speed connections.
- Test the developed prototype on long distance connections.
- Test of prototype on actual link to Chile, production of a stable version of VP and VE software.
- Public demonstration of whole system, production of the final version of hardware and software.
- Public release of final system.
- In the context of the SPIE conference on Astronomical Instrumentation (Marseilles, 23-28 June 2008) a poster entitled “EVALSO: Enabling Virtual Access to Latin-America Southern Observatories” has been presented at the conference “Advanced Software and Control for Astronomy”. This poster presented the EVALSO project, paying special attention to the virtual/remote presence system to be installed at ESO/VLT.
- Poster : ”The EVALSO Project: Software-Hardware architecture and remote test results” presented at ICALEPCS 2009, October 12-16, Kobe, Japan